The building

The Federal Administrative Court has been located in the building of the former Imperial Court of Justice in Leipzig since 2002. The Imperial Court of Justice was the highest court of civil and criminal jurisdiction in the German Empire from 1879 to 1945. Its administration of justice and the architecture of the building reflect the chequered history of Germany during this period.